Frequently Asked Questions
Publix Pharmacy Online Account Set-Up
Do I need an account to refill my prescriptions?
If you do not have an account, you may refill as a guest. However, with an account, you will be able to:
- Check the status of your prescription
- View your prescription history
- Set up refill reminder and prescription ready notifications
- Print Customer Statement (Medication Expense Summary) reports
- Share your prescription profile with a family member/friend
What information is required to obtain an account?
First, you will need to create a Publix.com account to log in. A Publix.com account is also used for Digital Coupons, Online Easy Ordering, Baby Club, etc. To create an account you will need to provide:
- Full Name
- E-mail Address
- Zip Code
Next, you will need to add a patient. To add yourself or a dependent minor (age 13 or younger) as a patient you will need to provide:
- Patient's Full Name (as it appears on your prescription label)
- ZIP Code
- Date of Birth
- An 11-digit Prescription Number for that patient filled at the Publix Pharmacy within the last 18 months.
Which patients can be linked to my account?
Once you have an account, you can add:
- Your children/dependent minors age 13 and younger.
- Shared patient- Another user can invite you to access their patient prescription profile
How do I remove myself or another patient from my account?
You may remove any patient from your account at any time by choosing “Remove” from the Patient List page within the app. This will not delete your Publix.com account, but it will no longer be associated with your Publix Pharmacy App.
What does connecting my phone mean?
A text message capable phone number can be added to your account.
- To do so, you must enter the phone number and then type the confirmation code we send you when prompted.
- Once connected, you can use this phone number to receive text message notifications from the Publix Pharmacy.
For security, we may also use this phone number to help confirm your identity when adding patients to your account.
Using Publix Pharmacy Online App
How do I transfer my prescriptions to Publix Pharmacy?
You can easily transfer your prescriptions from a non-Publix pharmacy to Publix through Publix Pharmacy Online.
Simply click on the Transfer Prescriptions option from the main menu and follow the on-screen instructions. You can access this as both a logged in user or as a guest.
You will need the following:
- Identify the desired Publix Pharmacy that you want your prescriptions transferred into.
- Your name, phone number, and birthdate
- Name and phone number of the non-Publix pharmacy where your prescriptions were previously filled
- Medication name and/or Rx# from the non-Publix pharmacy. You may also choose to have your full medication profile transferred to Publix; in this case, we will transfer in all eligible prescriptions to Publix Pharmacy.
After completing the transfer process through the app, your Publix pharmacist will do the rest. We will contact you if there are any issues.
Logged-in users to Publix Pharmacy Online will receive a Ready message based on their communication preferences once the prescriptions have been filled.
Alternatively, you may contact your local Publix Pharmacy to transfer outside prescriptions to Publix.
Where do I find my prescription number?
Your 11-digit prescription number can be found printed on the label affixed to your medication. It appears highlighted in orange below your name.
I don’t see all my prescriptions, where did they go?
You will have visibility to your prescriptions for up to 90 days after they expire. Your prescription profile will show prescriptions filled at any Publix pharmacy.
To obtain a historical record of prescriptions dispensed for taxes or other purposes, you can obtain your Customer Statement (Medical Expense Summary) for a period of time of up to 24 months in the past.
For prescription profile clarity some prescriptions are auto-hidden from the Patient Prescription profile. For example, prescriptions without refills are auto-hidden if a new prescription exists for the same medication.
To view hidden prescriptions click on filter and then select Hidden Prescriptions. From here you can choose to unhide any prescriptions by clicking on Show Prescriptions.
If you are looking for details on a particular prescription that is not shown either in your active prescription profile or within you Hidden Prescriptions please contact your pharmacist.
How many prescriptions can I refill at one time?
If you have an account there is no limit to the number of valid prescriptions that you can refill.
If you don’t have an account, you may submit up to 20 prescriptions at a time.
How do I stop receiving text messages?
If you are receiving text message notifications from the Publix Pharmacy and you wish to stop them, access your Communication Preferences from MY ACCOUNT in the main menu and adjust preferences as desired. You may also contact your Publix Pharmacy for assistance, or reply STOP from your mobile device to stop all messages to the phone.
Why can’t I attach and view the prescriptions of 14+ year old child?
Due to respecting the privacy rights of patients and complying with legal requirements in the states in which we operate anyone 14 years of age or older must have their own account. Anyone with their own account may invite others to access and manage their prescription profile on their behalf. See Accessing Patient Prescription Profiles and Sharing.
Accessing Patient Prescription Profiles and Sharing
How can I manage prescriptions for my family members/friends?
If your family member/friend is 14 years of age or older then they can share their prescription profile with you.
- You must currently have or create your own Publix Pharmacy account.
- Your family member/friend must currently have or create their own Publix Pharmacy account and add themselves as a patient.
- Your family member/friend can share their profile by choosing Share from the Patient List page.
- Your family member/friend will enter in your email address and name.
- You will receive a notification from your family member/friend that they want to share their profile with you.
- Within the Publix Pharmacy app, choose to ACCEPT sharing.
- You will now see their name listed on your Patient List page. This grants you full access to manage their prescriptions.
How can I share my prescription profile with my family member/friend?
If you are 14 years of age or older, you may share your prescription profile with a family member/friend.
- You must currently have or create your own Publix Pharmacy account and add yourself as a patient.
- Your family member/friend will need to use their existing or create a new Publix Pharmacy account to login.
- In the Publix Pharmacy App choose Share from the Patient List page.
- You will need to provide a valid email address and name of the person with whom you want to share your prescription profile.
- Your family member/friend will receive a notification that you want to share your profile with them.
- Within the Publix Pharmacy app, your family member/friend will choose to ACCEPT sharing.
- Your family member/friend will now see your name listed on their Patient List page. This grants them full access to manage your prescriptions.
What features are available to my family member/friend if I share my prescription profile with them?
Your family member will be able to perform the following functions on your behalf if you share your prescription profile with them:
- View your prescription profile
- Initiate refills on your behalf
- View and print your Customer Statement (Medical Expense Summary)
- Setup refill reminder and prescription ready notifications
How do I share the prescription profile that is shared with me?
You will not be able to share the prescription profile that is shared with you. You can only share your own profile and/or the profile of the minor listed under Patient List.
How do I check who can access my prescription profile?
You can check to see who has access to view your prescriptions by choosing “Profile Sharing” under My Account.
How do I remove access of my profile to others?
You may revoke access to your shared profile by choosing “Revoke” from Profile Sharing under My Account.